Big Mouth for kids?
Though Netflix’s animated series, “Big Mouth,” bills itself as TV-MA and is ostensibly intended for adults, it features 12- and 13-year-old characters engaging in sex acts and includes animated nudity and graphic dialogue, according to a parents group demanding Netflix be investigated over the show.
One scene, for example, shows a 13-year-old boy who doesn’t want to be left at camp yelling, “I’ll suck your d**k,” to his departing father. Another shows a group of middle school boys fully nude in a shower, waving their penises. Still another scene shows two boys discussing mutual masturbation, sharing tips on how to masturbate, and fondling themselves in front of one another.
A new report from the Parents Television and Media Council (PTC) argues that, despite being a cartoon, “Big Mouth’s” sexually explicit content is meant to depict minors and therefore qualifies as child pornography. The group is calling on law enforcement to investigate the distributor, Netflix.
For the report, released Wednesday, the PTC reviewed ten episodes of “Big Mouth.” Among the explicit content it found:
- A child is held down and has a penis forced into his mouth.
- A minor exposes his scrotum.
- Minors are shown in a shower with erect penises.
- A child urinates on another child in a shower.
- A male minor character penetrates a female minor character with his fingers.
- A character suggests having sex with his own excrement and eating it.